What is a Local School Improvement Council?
Local School Improvement Councils (LSIC) are required per W.Va. Code § 18-5A-2. These councils exist at each public school in West Virginia. Membership of the LSIC is comprised of teachers, service personnel, bus drivers, parents, business and community representatives. An election occurs annually for membership. The LSIC is directly involved with the operation of the local school in many ways. The LSIC reviews discipline data and procedures yearly and submits written recommendations to the local school board. They encourage involvement of the school community with the school operation through regular LSIC meetings and collaboration. They support local initiative for school improvement by being directly involved with the strategic planning and innovative ideas. A direct link with the local school board occurs through an annual meeting at which all school aspects inclusive of academics, athletics, discipline, school climate, facilities, needs, improvement and recommendations are presented and discussed.
The West Virginia Department of Education has developed an electronic resource for schools and communities to assist them in their efforts to provide quality school improvement through Local School Improvement Councils.
How often does the UHS LSIC meet?
The UHS LSIC typically meet four times throughout the year, once each grading period. Please see below for a list of upcoming meetings.
2023-2024 Meetings (All meetings are held in the UHS Library from 6:00-7:00pm)
- September 27 - LSIC Overview and Positive School Climate
- November 16 - Curriculum
- February 15 - Data Presentation
- April 18 - Student Opportunities
- September 8, 2022 Agenda
- September 8, 2022 Minutes
- February 16, 2023 Agenda
- February 16, 2023 Minutes
- April 20, 2023 Agenda
- April 20, 2023 Minutes
Meetings will be held immediately following the PTSO meetings on the following dates:
November 18, 2021
February 17, 2022
April 21, 2022
- October 15, 2020
- November 19, 2020
- January 21, 2021 @7:00PM
- February 25th @ 7:00PM
- April 16th, 2021 @7:00PM
- September 5, 2019 at 7:00 PM
- October 10th at 5:30, Monongalia County Meeting at the WV Readiness Center
- November 21, 2019 at 7:00 PM
- December- No Meeting
- January 16, 2020 at 7:00 PM
- February 20, 2020 at 7:00 PM
- March 19, 2020 at 7:00 PM
- April 16, 2020 at 7:00 PM
- September 6, 2018 @ 7:00PM
- October 16th, 5:30PM at WV National Guard Readiness Center, Morgantown, WV County Wide LSIC Meeting-Brochure
- October- No meeting due to the County Wide LSIC meeting on October 16th.
- November 15, 2018 @ 6:00PM
- December- No Meeting
- January 17, 2019 @ 6:00PM
- February 21, 2019 @ 6:00PM
- March 20, 2019 @ 6:00PM- Wednesday
- April 25, 2019 @ 6:00PM